Dunham’s Asphalt strives to save energy and reduce the carbon footprint every day, saving space in landfills and creating "green" jobs! Asphalt shingles represent the third largest source of landfill material. Asphalt roofing shingles constitute 2/3 of the roofing market.
Roofing generates 7-10 million tons of shingle tear-off waste each year. Waste manufacturing generates 1 million tons of scrap. This represents 2 million tons of liquid asphalt available for use in asphalt paving mixtures, or about 9% of the current national need.
Greatly reducing the carbon footprint, the asphalt industry recycles 100 million tons of pavement each year making it America’s #1 recycler!
- Roofing waste represents the 3rd largest source of landfill material.
- Asphalt roofing shingles constitute 2/3 of the roofing market.
- Saving space in local landfills.
- Lower carbon footprint.
- Conserve energy.
- Create green jobs.
- Saving space in local landfills
- Asphalt is America’s leading recycler! 100 million tons of its own product is recycled each year.
- Recycling lowers carbon footprint
- Recycling conserves energy
How can YOU participate? Dunham's Asphalt is offering an alternate site to discard asphalt shingles at NO CHARGE, provided loads are free of significant amounts of other debris that are not asphalt shingles.
Gates open at 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.